Logos partners with Crossway this month for December’s Free Book of the Month. You can get Philip Graham Ryken commentary on Exodus, Exodus: Saved for God’s Glory for free. This is part of the Preaching the Word series. Ryken is a well-known author and eighth president of Wheaton College and former senior minister of Philadelphia’s historic Tenth Presbyterian Church.
The Preach the Word series is intentionally “theologically instructive and decidedly practical.” The series is edited R. Kent Hughes (DMin, Trinity Evangelical Divinity School), senior pastor emeritus of College Church in Wheaton Illinois. In this series, “experienced pastors exemplify expository preaching and provide practical applications. . . this series is known for its commitment to biblical authority, its pastoral tone and focus, and its overall accessibility.”
In addition to the free volume, other individual volumes of the series are discounted:
- R. Kent Hughes and Bryan Chapel, 1 and 2 Timothy and Titus—To Guard the Deposit, 99 cents
- Philip Graham Ryken, Jeremiah and Lamentations: From Sorrow to Hope, $1.99
- David Allen, 1–3 John—Fellowship in God’s Family, $2.99
- Christoper Ash, Job: The Wisdom of the Cross, $4.99
- R. Kent Hughes, Hebrews: An Anchor for the Soul, 2 vols., $6.99
- Doug O’Donnell, Matthew: All Authority in Heaven and on Earth, $9.99
For about $28 you can add seven pastoral commentaries to your Logos Library. Not convinced?
There are 39 volumes in the Preaching the Word series (Hebrews is two volumes, so there are 40 physical books), If you ever choose to purchase the entire series from Logos, they will factor these purchase into your final price so you do not have to buy them twice.
As with all Logos books, these commentaries fully utilize the features of Logos Bible Software, including fully searchable text, links to other resources in your library, and robust note taking tools.