Logos Bible Software usually runs a second “free book of the month” promotion that focuses on Catholic resources. This month they are offering Thomas Merton’s Thoughts in Solitude along with some discounts on other Catholic resources. Francis J. Moloney, The Resurrection of the Messiah is well worth picking up, as is Smith, Reading the Sermons of Thomas Aquinas if you have any interest in historical theology.
Thoughts in Solitude shares the author’s reflections on a solitary life, as well as the importance of quiet reflection. Merton writes that inner solitude is closely tied to personal integrity, and thus implies responsibility and freedom.
Here is the full list of deals in the “another free book” promotion:
- Thomas Merton, Thoughts in Solitude – Free!
- Michael Barber, Singing in the Reign: The Psalms and the Liturgy of God’s Kingdom – $1.99
- Francis J. Moloney, The Resurrection of the Messiah: A Narrative Commentary on the Resurrection Accounts in the Four Gospels – $5.99
- Randall Smith, Reading the Sermons of Thomas Aquinas (A Beginner’s Guide) – $7.99
- Lawrence Feingold, Faith Comes from What is Heard: An Introduction to Fundamental Theology – $11.99
So you can spend as little money as you want, but take advantage on these great deals on Catholic resources for your Logos library. Be sure to check out the collection of evangelical commentaries for free (or almost free) available through April 2021.
If you do not have Logos Bible Software yet, take a look at the Fundamental ($49.99) or Basic (free) packages.