Normally the Logos Free Book of the Month promotion is a book. In July, they are giving away a 2.5 hour Mobile Ed, Sons and Daughters of God: The Believer’s Identity, Calling, and Destiny by Michael S. Heiser. Most readers will associate Michael Heiser with his books on Angels, Demons and The Unseen Realm.
From the Logos Blurb:
Believers are children of God—a phrase that presumes family. The “children of God” are also called “holy ones” (“saints” in most translations). But these familiar New Testament terms have an Old Testament context that is largely overlooked—the spiritual world of God and his supernatural children. In the Old Testament, “sons of God” and “holy ones” refers to supernatural beings whose Father is God and who work with God to carry out his will. Learn where the metaphor of being in God’s family comes from in the Old Testament and how that informs our sense of identity and mission as believers.
Normally this course retails for over $90, but for the month of July you can get it for free. This is a great opportunity to try out a Logos Mobile Ed course.
There are several other Mobile Ed courses on offer in July at deep discounts (75% – 85% off):
- Doug Trick, God’s Word as Translation (2 hour course, $9.99)
- Mark Futado, Introductory Issues in Psalms (3 hour course, $19.99)
- Craig Evans, The Dead Sea Scrolls and the New Testament (5 hour course, $34.99)
- Jonathan Pennington, The Sermon on the Mount (5 hour course, $34.99)
- Daniel Doriani, The Parables of Jesus (6 hour course, $34.99)
- Ian Jones, Introducing Biblical Counseling: The History of Counseling (5 hour course, $34.99)
- Chris Armstrong, The History of Christianity in the United States (10 hour course, $59.99)
- Justin Irving, The Ministry Leader and the Inner Life (11 hour course, $59.99)
- Rebekah Josberger, Introducing Torah (8 hour course, $59.99)
- William Klein, Interpreting New Testament Genres (9 hour course, $59.99)
You need to have Logos Bible Software to use these resources. As always, there are less expensive paths to upgrading that will keep you from mortgaging your home. At the very least, download the free Logos Basic or any Logos 8 base package. Try using the coupon code PARTNEROFFER8.
Any books or courses you purchase from Logos can be read on a mobile device via the free iOS app. These valuable resources are only free (and discounted) through July 31, 2020.