Dan Gullotta nominated me for a Liebster Award. I thank him kindly for this honor, and I am thrilled there is someone out there reading this blog who is not a Brazilian spammer trying to get me to buy Uggs. I am also happy to be on a list with Jim West that is not on a Post Office wall. Since these awards are the blogging equivalent of a chain letter, I better pass it on lest I be plagued with more plagues than usual.
“The Rules” according to the Wording Well, in order to accept the nomination you must follow these following guidelines:
- Post the award on your blog.
- Thank the blogger who presented this award and link back to his/her blog.
- Write 5 random facts about yourself.
- Nominate 5 bloggers (they should have less than 300 followers).
- Answer 5 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions.
Questions from Dan:
- If you were trapped on an island for the rest of your life and only had one book to read and only one movie to watch, what would they be? I suppose I ought to take a book on Tropical Medicine and Castaway….How am I watching this movie if I am on a deserted Island?
- What do you think is the biggest issue facing the world today and why? Apathy, people care more about what famous people are wearing than crimes against humanity committed every day.
- If you could have lunch with anyone, living or dead, who would it be and why? I’d like to have coffee with Bob Dylan, after midnight in New Orleans.
- If you change something in your past, what would you alter? I should have started my PhD sooner.
- For pleasure only, what language would you love to be able to speak perfectly? Korean or Vietnmese, so I could know what they are saying about me.
I am also supposed to “write 5 random facts about yourself.”
- I had a letter published in Omni Magazine when I was 16 years old asking for a Philip K. Dick story.
- I met Phil Keaggy on an airplane once.
- I am often mistaken for V. Phillips Long. Often.
- I think Ron Swanson is an acceptable role-model.
- I plan my vacations around used book store locations.
Nominate 5 bloggers (they should have less than 300 followers).
Answer 5 questions posted by the presenter and ask your nominees 5 questions.
- You can only listen to one CD/record for the rest of your life – what is it?
- What book most shaped the way you think today? (Bonus points for not saying Atlas Shrugged)
- What movie are you most embarrassed about liking?
- You get to meet with the Pope alone for five minutes – what do you say to him?
- Which Simpsons character is your favorite?
So there it is. Go read these blogs, they are all very good. Thanks, Dan!