I do not think that it is any coincidence, but Zondervan is giving away a copy of Hell Under Fire. This book came out in 2004 and should get a nice bump in sales in the wake of the release of Rob bell’s Love Wins. Hell Under Fire is a collection of essays on the topic of Hell from the perspective of historical systematic and biblical theology. The final chapter is a nice reflection on preaching the topic of hell (or not). The title is not supposed to be funny; this book is part of a mini-series from Zondervan. Jesus Under Fire was a collection of essays written in response to Jesus Seminar style Historical Jesus studies and God Under Fire was written in response to so-called Open Theism.
There are ten chapters, 259 pages. A topical index is included.
- Albert Mohler Jr.: Modern Theology: the Disappearance of Hell
- Daniel I. Block: The Old Testament on Hell
- Robert W. Yarbrough: Jesus on Hell
- Douglas J. Moo Paul on Hell
- Gregory K. Beale: The Revelation on Hell
- Christopher W. Morgan: Biblical Theology: Three Pictures of Hell
- Robert A. Peterson: Systematic Theology: Three Vantage Points of Hell
- J. I. Packer: Universalism: Will Everyone Ultimately be Saved?
- Christopher W. Morgan: Annihilationism: Will the Unsaved Be Punished Forever?
- Sinclair. B. Ferguson: Pastoral Theology: The Preacher and Hell
Even if you do not win a copy, check out this important resource.