I do not think that it is any coincidence, but Zondervan is giving away a copy of Hell Under Fire. This book came out in 2004 and should get a nice bump in sales in the wake of the release of Rob bell’s Love Wins. Hell Under Fire is a collection of essays on the topic of Hell from the perspective of historical systematic and biblical theology. The final chapter is a nice reflection on preaching the topic of hell (or not). The title is not supposed to be funny; this book is part of a mini-series from Zondervan. Jesus Under Fire was a collection of essays written in response to Jesus Seminar style Historical Jesus studies and God Under Fire was written in response to so-called Open Theism.
There are ten chapters, 259 pages. A topical index is included.
- Albert Mohler Jr.: Modern Theology: the Disappearance of Hell
- Daniel I. Block: The Old Testament on Hell
- Robert W. Yarbrough: Jesus on Hell
- Douglas J. Moo Paul on Hell
- Gregory K. Beale: The Revelation on Hell
- Christopher W. Morgan: Biblical Theology: Three Pictures of Hell
- Robert A. Peterson: Systematic Theology: Three Vantage Points of Hell
- J. I. Packer: Universalism: Will Everyone Ultimately be Saved?
- Christopher W. Morgan: Annihilationism: Will the Unsaved Be Punished Forever?
- Sinclair. B. Ferguson: Pastoral Theology: The Preacher and Hell
Even if you do not win a copy, check out this important resource.
3 thoughts on “Hell Under Fire Giveaway”
The coincidence is that Mason gets to give away anything he sees fit. I’m still trying to figure out a way to make this work in my favor…
Perhaps there are crates of Hell Under Fire in the Z’s warehouse, waiting for the controversy to stir once again.
Two eyes take the aim behind the man’s brain but he can’t be blamed…