During October, Logos is giving away a copy of Paul Achtemeier’s Romans (WJKP, 1985) in the Interpretation series. As always, Logos has a number of deeply discounted books from WJKP and Fortress for October 2023.
- John Goldingay, Isaiah for Everyone, $1.99
- Harvey Cox, Lamentations and the Song of Songs (Belief: A Theological Commentary on the Bible), $2.99
- Justo González, Luke (Belief: A Theological Commentary on the Bible), $3.99
- Martha L. Moore-Keish, James (Belief: A Theological Commentary), $4.99
- Ralph Martin, Ephesians, Colossians, & Philemon (Interpretation), $5.99
- Carol Newsom, Daniel: A Commentary (The Old Testament Library Series), $6.99
- Richard Clifford, Proverbs: A Commentary (The Old Testament Library Series), $7.99
- Frank Matera, II Corinthians (New Testament Library), $8.99
- Marianne Meye Thompson, John (New Testament Library), $9.99
- Pre-Order and Save: Christian Ethics: A Historical Introduction, $31.99
Plenty of great commentaries to choose from. Carol Newsom on Daniel is excellent, as is Marianne Meye Thompson on John (I bought both in hardback when they first came out). Choose one or two, or, if you are like me, choose them all. The Free Book of the Month sale runs through October 31.
Since October is Pastor & Ministry Leader Appreciation Month, Logos has several ways to show your gratitude with great deals ministers will love, including:
- 30% off Logos 10 Preaching Suite & Counseling packages
- Up to 50% off pastoral and ministry resources
- 10% off when you spend $50 or more
- 12% off when you spend $200 or more
- 15% off when you spend $500+
- Great Preaching On Series (18 vols.)—30% off
- Theology Is for Preaching: Biblical Foundations, Method, and Practice—30% off
- The Contemplative Pastor: Returning to the Art of Spiritual Direction—30% off
- Mobile Ed: ED201 Empowering God’s People for Ministry (7 hour course)—45% off
- Becoming a Pastor Theologian—30% off
If you do not already own Logos, check out my first-look review of Logos 10. This month, you can save $100 on a Logos Starter Package (new users only). This special offer expires on September 15. Do not wait too long!
Current users have various upgrade paths, from “Not expensive at all” to “Who needs food?” and everything in between. You can still get Logos Fundamental ($49.99) or Basic (free) packages and take advantage of the free Logos Book of the Month promotion. Scroll down to the bottom of the page for the free/cheap packages. All it takes is a Faithlife account, and you can read your books using the iOS or Android app, the Logos web app, or the (much more powerful) desktop version for both Windows and Mac.
All the links are Logos Affiliate links. If you are planning on buying Logos books, use this link and out Reading Acts.
These deals go away on October 31. So shop early, and shop often.