If you are living in the US, it is Memorial Day Weekend. Logos has some great deals on resources in honor of the weekend. They are offering 25% off over 14,000 commentaries, theology resources. The sale ends end May 26 at 10:00 a.m. (PST).
Here are a few things that caught my eye:
- A Greek–English Lexicon of the New Testament and Other Early Christian Literature, 3rd ed. (BDAG). If you have not invested in BDAG yet, now is the time. It rarely is on sale, and well worth the money for anyone working in the Greek New Testament.
- Louw and Nida, Greek-English Lexicon of the New Testament Based on Semantic Domains. Much less pricey than BDAG, still an excellent resource.
- Bruce M. Metzger, A Textual Commentary on the Greek New Testament (Second Edition). Metzger comments on each textual variant in the fourth edition of the UBS Greek New Testament, explaining the decision made by the committee.
- The Story of God Commentary, both individual volumes or the 13-volume set. This series has an excellent balance of scholarship and application, making it an excellent pastor’s commentary series.
- Many volumes in the New Studies in Biblical Theology are on sale, including my favorite in the series, Contagious Holiness by Craig Blomberg.
- Jacob Neusner, The Mishnah: A New Translation.
- N. T. Wright, The New Testament and the People of God.
- Gordon Fee, New Testament Exegesis: A Handbook for Students and Pastors. Standard seminary level exegesis handbook.
Be sure to scroll down to the bottom and click the “Browse more resources” button to see the all the resources for sale this weekend.
Here are a few (even better) deals from Logos Bible Software on Eerdmans books that expire at the end of May:
- Robert Kugler and Patrick Hartin, An Introduction to the Bible (Eerdmans, 2009) is free.
- Month: Shalom Paul’s commentary on Isaiah 40–66 in the Eerdmans Critical Commentary for free. This is an excellent resource!
- Thomas B. Dozeman’s Exodus commentary in the same Eerdmans Critical Commentary ($5.99).
- Michael Floyd’s Minor Prophets, Part 2 in the Forms of the Old Testament Literature Series for $2.99).
- Antony Campbell’s volume on 1 Samuel in this series ($8.99).
- Jerome Neyrey, The Gospel of John in Cultural and Rhetorical Perspective ($2.99).
- Judith Kovacs, 1 Corinthians: Interpreted by Early Christian Commentators ($5.99). The The Church’s Bible is a commentary series based on Early Christian Medieval Commentators.
- Alan Fitzgerald, editor, Augustine Through the Ages: An Encyclopedia. The hardback version of this 900+ page encyclopedia on Augustine retails for $100, but it is only $9.99 in the logos Library for this month.
You need to have Logos Bible Software to use these resources. As always, there are less expensive paths to upgrading that will keep you from mortgaging your home. At the very least, download the free Logos Basic or the $79 Logos 8 Fundamentals. Use the coupon code PARTNEROFFER8 to save on base packages. You can also read these books via the free iOS app.
The Memorial Day Sale ends May 26 at 10AM PST, the free (or almost free) from Eerdmans end on May 31, 2020.