During the month of March, Eerdmans has some great deals on Kindle versions of recent publications.
Although I prefer real books to digital (and Logos books to Kindle), these are worth buying for a few bucks. If you do not own a Kindle device, you can get an App on most devices to read Kindle books. I use the iPad Kindle App, it is very convenient for travel (or reading in the dark, if you are into that).
I think the highlight of this month’s sale is J. R. Daniel Kirk, A Man Attested by God: The Human Jesus of the Synoptic Gospels. James McGrath said “This may well be the most important book about New Testament Christology to appear in recent years.” Kirk argues against the idea the Gospels present Jesus as divine, but rather he is a idealized human similar to other ideal humans (Moses, Elijah, etc.) It is a challenging book, well worth reading and considering his arguments.
- J. R. Daniel Kirk, A Man Attested by God: The Human Jesus of the Synoptic Gospels, $4.99
- Robert Hudson, The Monk’s Record Player: Thomas Merton, Bob Dylan, and the Perilous Summer of 1966, $1.99 (My review)
- David Flusser, The Sage from Galilee: Rediscovering Jesus’ Genius (4th Revised Edition, $2.99)
- Frank Matera, God’s Saving Grace: A Pauline Theology ($3.99)
- William Loader, Sexuality and the Jesus Tradition ($2.99)
There are quite a few others, so poke around the Eerdmans books on Amazon and see what you can find.
The sale runs through the end of March 2019.
One thought on “Eerdmans Sale on Kindle Books for March 2019”
Reblogged this on Talmidimblogging.